Scoring System

We are going to use number of beers it takes to enjoy this game fully...since we are under age and have never had any (*nervous cough*) we are going to "pretend" we know. The lower the number the better the game. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Sincerely,
Wild Eyez Admin.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

BioShock Review (with spoilers)

"I am Andrew Ryan, and I am here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

'No,' says the man in Washington, 'it belongs to the poor.'
'No,' says the man in the Vatican, 'it belongs to God.'
'No,' says the man in Moscow, 'it belongs to everyone.'

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...

Rapture." The first line of the game.
Ah. This is merely a hee-haw nostalgia review. I'll be reviewing the 1st Bioshock Game. Would you kindly listen. By my standards it has become a classic, I've never heard it enough times on how good this game is and how well they designed it. In most cases I agree. It is awesome to have telekinesis, pyro-kinesis, and electro-kinesis on your hands in a first person view where you actually feel like the character. They did a good job on that part, often I got scared and angry, frustrated; but I got concentrated in the game because of this kind of presentation. But the gameplay does get hairy at points, but if at first you don't succeed ...
You fail.
But most people when tell you when playing this game, as will I, is that the story, detail and remaining mystery is what makes this game good. You've been following the orders of a stranger thinking to get the bad-guys but in the end it turns out you were played all along! Your brain explodes at that information (or at least mine did, I get so emotional with the game)!
I love the way you can see the Video and hear the radio and audio recordings, it gives the game another level (Batman: AA did this and I love that game too).
The Big Daddies (I keep thinking they are pedophiles with that name and their "little sisters")when you fight them are attenuating and difficult, often I died. The bosses are as varied as you can get with a shooter and there are to possible endings to the game, depending on how you treated the little sisters. (in one you live a happy long life, the other you are evil.)
It is more rewarding (in ADAM) to be evil. That's all I will say. This is a classic and a definite rent or buy it. As inspirational in videogames as God Of War. I would love to get the second one to review for you and the others (donate now please!). Until the next Video Revision. --- Mystery Black

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

Leave us your comments, complaints, requests, etc.